I went round for the Christmas harvest today and this is what I took home for Christmas dinners:
- Curly kale
- Purple sprouting broccoli
- Brussel sprouts
- Winter cabbage
- Onions - from the store shed.
- The last squash in the store shed. All my butternut squash have rotted away.
- Elephant garlic from the store shed
- Ordinary garlic from the store shed
- Shallots from the store shed
- Hamburg parsley
- Red Duke of York potatoes from the store shed.
The problem with having so many different vegetables for Christmas dinner is that it takes a long time to wash, peel and prepare them for the pot.
Been at it all morning!