Monday 9 May 2011

Did I plant things a little too early?

After a thunder storm has just passed by, I have to reflect on whether I have planted frost sensitive plants out too early this year.  Really I would not be planting things like runner and French beans until the end of May.  Due to the unseasonally warm dry weather in April, I have been lulled into a false sense of security.

The old saying is do not cast a clout until May is out  and maybe that applies to delicate plants too.  The courgettes certainly seem to be suffering.  So too do the potatoes.  Still I can't do anything about it now.  The potatoes are almost 12 inches tall now.

Spent today weeding the onions and the leeks.  Hoeing up the potatoes and weeding the roots.  I have still got to weed the carrots and the parsnips and plant the Swiss Chard.

No comments:

Post a Comment