Friday 21 January 2011

Planting Tomato Seeds

I am going to plant some Tomato Toten F1 Hybrids tomorrow.  I found these seeds in the shed. I don't know how long they have been there but they have never been opened.  If they don't grow then I will be no worse off.  If they do then it is a bonus. 

As you can see all the sweet peas have gone over.  Bit of a disaster.  Not a pretty site at all.  I doubt if I will be able to rescue any of them.  Never mind.  I have bought new seed and only allowed myself 8 varieties.
Blue Danube
Gwendoline
Jilly
Eclipse
Mollie Rilstone
Bristol
Restormel
Valerie Harrod.
They are all exhibition varieties and all ones that I have grown before.  This is getting to be an expensive hobby. 
I also bought 5x 2.5kg bags of kestrel potatoes.  
The Ailsa Craig onions have germinated and I have put them out in the cold greenhouse.  I am hoping that they will survive. 

2 comments:

  1. You cannot beat the flavour of home grown tomatoes. So packed with flavour. You won't regret growing your own.

    Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might be a bit early for planting though mangocheeks.
    Wish I could cook like you!!!

    ReplyDelete