Sunday 20 February 2011

Photographs of the cyclamen and the species iris.


The soil temperature today was 4.5oC. This is a drop from the beginning of the week when it was 6oC.  Still far too cold for planting and sowing. 


The cyclamen and iris are  flowering although they have gone over a little.  Also, some really helpful cat had piled soil over the cyclamen.  My official photographer, Warren, took some really good shots.  






I had forgotten that I had planted the iris here and put the cyclamen corms over the iris bulbs.  I think it made a really good combination though.  





You might ask why I have these plants on the allotment.  They are just things I have found in compost people have given me or a bulb or corm found somewhere.  I just stick them in a corner and hope for the best.  I think I got the best with these flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment